The Andromeda Galaxy
The Andromeda Galaxy is a spiral galaxy approximately 2.5 million light-years from Earth. It contains around one trillion stars. It was the initial incursion point of the Annihilation Wave, and now much of the galaxy has been devastated.
- The Skrull Empire: The oldest interstellar power in the Andromeda Galaxy, once boasting over a thousand worlds, now fragmented into chaos and unrest.
- The Worldmind of Xandar: The minds of the now-extinct Xandarian race comprise the Worldmind, which empowers and direct the Nova Corps
- The Rigellian Empire: This empire based in the Milky Way has also colonised significant regions of the Andromeda Galaxy.
- The Aakonians: A client race of the RIgellian Empire, now spreading out to colonize a number of its own systems.
- Aks’lo: A jewel in the crown of the Skrull Empire, Aks’lo once served as a wildlife sanctuary and a planet of diversions for the Empress and her advisors. It was destroyed by the Annihilation Wave.
- The Crunch: A massive cascade of energy from the Negative Zone, harnessed and distributed to hundreds of star systems. The initial incursion point of the Annihilation Wave.
- Throneworld: The former Skrull homeworld, destroyed recently by Galactus.
- Xandar: The headquarters of the Nova Corps and the homeworld of the Xandarian Worldmind.
- Godthab Omega: A lawless planet on the edge of the galaxy, a refuge for criminals and fugitives before being overrun by the Annihilation Wave.
- Azimuth Station: A space station on the border between Rigellian space and the remains of the Skrull Empire; a centre for trade and diplomacy between species.